Wanted to write more about the Mumbai blasts,but then there is a sudden vaccuum which envelopes me, followed by an all encompassing numbness.What is the point in venting it out in virtual world, signing petitions, calling names etc,. I find it adding on to the frustration and helplessness.Meanwhile came across this hard-hitting article by Gnani, it makes us raise more questions.
The oft repeated excuse is ofcourse - none of them are worth to be voted to power, why should I vote. But that too does not hold good now with 490 [though it's final implication are not known yet]. During the previously held assembly elections I had resoved to make use of this provision but was warned by friends and family about backlash from the party poll observers. After seeing quite a number of thugs around the polling booth my bravery failed and I cowered[though one of my friend's parents did do it successfully].Voted for a guy who I thought was the most educated and the best amongst the lot,as expected he lost. Felt really hopeless and had an urge to take a AK-47,go door-to-door and kill the so called elite class who did not move their ass out during election day,but sat in their couches and were watching/analysing/criticizing the results
If I did sound like painting a glorious pic of our netas,well that was not my aim. My only grouse when I saw the angry protesters was the knowledge everyone had in advance -it was a march in vain, may have given fodder for the news hungry media, may have given platform for some NGOs but whats the change that can be done with this.Though it hurts, the answer is ...Zilch
Phew!!When i started this blog I had resolved not to write about religion and politics but then looks like its not gonna leave me :)..
Also take this oppurtunity to thank Bhargavi and Vimmuuu for their sweet awards. Bhargavi for the "Proximidade" scroll .
And have also got verby aka abhithakuchalambal's tag to do. Movie Quirks of mine, I rarely watch movies at theatre, so pretty limited list I have here.
- I wanna watch the movie from the beginiing,right from the first films division reel they play[it's not more done though] till last line of the credits rolling out.I curse my friends due to whom I may end up missing the first few scenes,even if it is seconds.
- I can watch movie with anyone,I mean no restrictions in going out to movies with met-a-few-secs bfore pals.I feel watching movie and later discussing about it makes us get closer and well acuqainted.
- I have an OCD with regards to leak points in movie halls.I hate to use them unless until the situation is explosive :P
- Love to watch the movies of big stars and the kinda frenzy the fans go once the hero comes on stage.I get goosebumps and used to wish someday I will be a hero like that :)
- Used to re-enact the scenes of some average/mediocre[let's leave the names now] stars at home in front of mirror.
- Hate couples who make out in movie halls,not that I am jealous just that I feel it is sick.
That's all so far....This looks like a 4 in 1 post :)..not too sure about my time till 21st december, so thought of getting everything done.