I mean ok lets not look into the credentials of this party which is pretty much a political whore, changing partners for every election..let's not consider the party's leaders had openly & unapologetically stated is ready for coalition with anyone who is ready to give his son a ministerial berth. Still what makes him so insane, I mean there are lakhs if not crores of drunkards in the state and he is going to lose the few votes which he manages to get !!.
After reading this shocker, I went to a state of trance...yup that state where the sleepy part of your brain plays,fights and finally convinces the other part, the one which is urging you to wake up,brush and get on.
At this magical moment I received an enlightenment...about how bars/pubs/toddy shops are so similiar to places of worship. Following are some of the similarities I could get hold of...
1) Both give peace from current state of misery
2) Both give a high [devotional high and the drunken high]
3) When this high reaches a crescendo we can hear voices speaking to us
4) Until the time the order is given and it is delivered to the table, the bartender is given the same respect as that of a priest/mullah
5) We fight for our beliefs. My friends believe vodka is a sissy drink and i believe whisky is for low-lives. Yeah at times this may lead to battles.
6) Brotherhoods grow.
7) When we leave, we are at peace with the world
8) Women are not given equal rights.
9) Both have created world's greatest philosophers
10) And yeah....We pay tips
Lets hope that very soon the religious drunkards start their own political party,to overcome exploitation...infact demand drinking habits based census next...jai vodka!